조회 수 250 추천 수 0 댓글 0
2017 Korean Language Class Scholarship and Summer Program in Korea for Students
Korean Education Center in Los Angeles and Foundation for Korean Language and Culture in USA (FKLAC), would like to inform outstanding Korean language class students to participate in ‘2017 Korean Language Class Student Scholarship and Summer Program in Korea’.
This Scholarship and Summer Program (July 5th to 21st KST) are supported by KECLA and coordinated by FKLAC and it is to award and encourage outstanding students from Korean language classes. Please refer below for the details and selection criteria.
To award and to encourage outstanding students learning Korean language and culture
Students between 6-11th grade (from Middle and High School), who attended elementary school (from 1st grade and graduated) in U.S. and must be enrolled in Korean language classes (must include a recommendation from student’s Korean language teacher)
※ If a student has received a scholarship award in the past, the student is only eligible for greater scholarship
i.e., if a student has received a Hunminjeongeum Scholarship in 2016 or the past, may receive either King Sejong or Hangul Grand Scholarship in 2017
i.e., if a student has received a King Sejong Scholarship in 2016 or the past, may receive Hangul Grand Scholarship in 2017
i.e., if a student has received a Hangul Grand Scholarship in 2016 or the past, is not eligible to apply for the Scholarship
※ If a student has participated in Summer Program in the past and receives a greater scholarship in 2017, the student is eligible to receive a scholarship only.
※ If any faulty recommendation/students are discovered, then the school will lose the privilege to participate and will be excluded from this program for three years)
3. Selection Criteria
- Student must have attended elementary school (from 1st grade and graduated) in U.S.
- Currently enrolled in Korean language class at your school
- Currently GPA for Korean class is above 3.0
- A great interest in learning Korean language and culture
4. Scholarship Award Category:
- Hangul Grand Scholarship (1st Place) :
Certificate + Summer Program in Korea (Participation Fee of $500) or Scholarship of $300
- King Sejong’s Scholarship (2nd Place) : Certificate + Scholarship of $250
- Hunminjeongeum Scholarship (3rd Place) : Certificate + Scholarship of $150
※ For Hangul Grand Scholarship Awardees, if they do not wish to go to Summer Program in Korea, $300 Scholarship will be awarded with the certificate
5. Selecting Process Criteria:
- Korean language class grade (based on Fall 2016/Spring 2017)
- Essay (Korean or English)
- A recommendation from Korean teacher
- Number of years of Korean language education
6. Required Documents
- Application form: inquire your Korean teacher, or download from KECLA website (http://www.kecla.org)
- A recommendation from Korean language teacher (use the form provided)
- An essay: it must be double-spaced, Times New Roman font, size 12, and MAX. 2 pages
- Parent/Guardian Agreement Form (only for the applicants who wish to participate for the Summer Program in Korea)
* Incomplete application will be excluded*
◆ Guidelines for the Essay ◆
1) Either in Korean or English
2) Choose One
①Pick one Korean or Korean-American historic figure that you admire and explain how and why he/she has influenced your life. (한국어를 배운 후에 한국어 때문에 일어난 자신의 삶의 변화나 경험을 이야기 해 보십시오)
②Describe/explain your personal experience that you have encountered or that has affected you since you have learned the Korean language. (여러분이 존경하는 역사적으로 유명한 한국 인물이나 한국계 미국인을 골라 왜 그 분을 존경하며, 그 분이 여러분의 삶에 어떠한 영향을 주었는지 설명하세요)
7. Deadlines and Submissions
- Must submit by visiting office or via mail post marked by April 21st, 2017 (no email)
- Submit to : Korean Education Centers in Los Angeles
- Attention: 2017 Korean Language Class Scholarship Essay
Korea Education Center in Los Angeles: 680 Wilshire Place Suite 200, LA CA 90005
(213)386-3112 www.kecla.org E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Scholarship Award Announcement
The scholarship awardees will be announced in May 2017 and will be notified via mail or email.
9. Scholarship Award Ceremony
Scholarship award ceremony will be held at the end of May or beginning of June 2017 in Los Angeles.
*Application submission and selecting process is coordinated by Korean Education Center in LA.
*Any schedule in Korea is coordinated by Foundation for Korean Language and Culture in USA.
Scholarship Application submission: Korean Education Center in LA
(213) 386-3112, Fax: 213-386-3138, www.kecla.org email@example.com
Schedule in Korea: Foundation for Korean Language and Culture in US
(213) 380-5712, Fax: 213-380-5718, www.klacusa.org info@klacUSA.org
***The Summer Program in Korea for Teachers will be operated every other year (biennial) from 2017. Therefore, there is no Summer Program for Teachers in 2017 and please refer to the announcement about it in April 2018.