조회 수 44 추천 수 0 댓글 0
[2017 Spring TaLK Program: Teaching English on Korean Government Scholarship]
The TaLK (Teach and Learn in Korea) program invites undergraduate and graduate students to "Teach English on Korean Government Scholarship". The program is sponsored by the Ministry of Education in Korea. The participants will teach English in after-school classes of Korean elementary schools in rural areas.
a. Be a citizen of a country where the national language is English.
(i.e. Australia, Canada, New Zealand, U.K., U.S.A., Ireland and South Africa)
* Overseas Koreans with permanent residency in the above countries are also eligible.
Korean Nationals with temporary residency (with the intention of obtaining permanent residency who have lived in one of the above countries for at least 8 years and who have completed primary and secondary education in the country are also eligible.
*Additional required documents for above: official transcript from middle and high school
b. Have completed two or more years of education at an accredited university, or graduated from an accredited college in the countries aforementioned.
* Ethnic Koreans who are in their 1st and 2nd year of college/university are eligible also.
c. University graduates and graduate school students are eligible also.
- Be mentally and physically capable of performing the specified responsibilities and duties.
- Have the ability and willingness to adapt to Korean lifestyle and culture.
- Be able to communicate in English fluently with clear and distinct pronunciation.
* Please visit www.talk.go.kr for detailed info.
2. Benefits: Monthly stipend (1,500,000 KRW per month), entrance and exit allowances, medical insurance, vacation leave, sponsored cultural trips, etc.
3. Contract Term: 6 months (average 15 class hours per week) – Term begins from Feb. 2017
4. Application Deadline: 1st Deadline-December 2, 2016 - 2nd Deadline-December 23, 2016
** If there is a sufficient number of applicants, the application process may close even before the deadline**
5. Application Procedures
(1) On-line Application
- Go to the TaLK website (www.talk.go.kr) and click the “Apply Now” menu.
- Submit the following documents on-line through the Talk website.
① Application A
② Application B (Personal Medical Assessment & Personal Essay)
③ A photo
(2) Interview & Submission of Required Documents
- An interview is held at Korean Education Center in Los Angeles
- Submit all the required documents
※ Refer to the TaLK website (www.talk.go.kr) for detailed information on how to prepare the required documents.
6. Application Office: Korean Education Center in LA
680 Wilshire Place, #200, LA, CA 90005
Tel: 213-386-3112, // Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
**INFO ON Criminal Record Check
For U.S. & Australian applicants who have been residing in the same state since elementary/primary schools until the time of application, an Apostilled, state-level CRC can replace the Apostilled, nationwide CRC. If the applicant has resided in more than one state, he or she must either submit an Apostilled, national CRC or retrieve Apostilled CRCs from each state in which he or she has resided.
CRC- FBI/National Level
-CRC must be issued within six months prior to first day of the contract term.